Friday 4 November 2011

Health And Safety Considerations

Step 1 Look For The Hazards

Whilst filming my video I have to constantly look out for hazards in order to keep myself and safe. Each location I shoot in will have different hazards.

Theatre - The theatre has many hazards a main one been the lights and if ever they dropped. In the theatre I will also be using wires as a prop and these can easily cause people to trip and there is also the hazard of tripping and pulling the theatre curtains down.

My House - Tripping over objects on my floor in my room could be a hazard and also there could be a hazard of falling down the stairs and slipping on spilt water in the bathroom.

Track in Withernsea - I will have to be aware of farm vehicles as it is surrounded by fields and my performer needs to be careful about falling in ditches. 

Step 2  Who May Be Harmed?


Theatre - Myself, Tom, Oliver and Daryl.

My House - Me and Tom.

Track in Withernsea - Me and Tom.

Step 3 Evaluate The Risk

For each risk I need to look and consider the severity of harm it could cause. I have to try and avoid any risks as much as possible and if the risk cannot be avoided I need to attempt to reduce it.


Step 4 Record The Significant Findings

I need to keep record of the following hazards and make sure whoever is involved in making my video is informed of all these possible risks. It is a legal requirement to clarify these risks if 5 or more people are involved in this production.

Step 5 Review And Revise The Risk Assessment

I need to constantly check the risks I have already identified and I need to keep my eyes open to new risks that could be created if anything is changed suddenly.





No comments:

Post a Comment