Friday 4 November 2011

My Idea

So for my music video I am using the song 'Uprising' by the alternative rock band Muse. I plan for my video to be a performance video with a band performing with a slight narrative of people standing up for themselves and being rebelious. I plan for my music video to be filmed in the college theatre as it is a very spacious room for my video to be filmed in and big enough for all the wide shots I will be wanting to use. I have analysed three music videos, all of them been different genres but all have something what I want to be in my video, that been attiutude. The band Paramore is the same genre as Muse so I aim for my video to be quite dark and the cast to be strong performers. Jessie J's video do it like a dude also contains the dark element I want to include in my music video even though it is an r&b song. These videos have some of the conventions I want to follow from the alternative rock genre. I enjoyed the Rihanna video and analysed that because certain parts of the video I want to include in my own even if the genres are different. In her video we see her stood in a room with footage been projected in her, I want to use this in my song in the chorus and want to project certain newspaper images onto my band. My music video is going to be and instrumental performance video so the conventions I will follow is to have a band and instruments. Most of the shots in the video are going to be of the band performing however there will be the occasional shot that has a narrative to it of people stamding up for themselves and being rebelious. I aim my video to attract an audience of people aged 16 +, so i will make sure the cast I use is within that age group. My band will follow the same style as Muse, so that will be smart casual they will probably be wearing smart jeans and a nice shirt/t-shirt. Muse are also energetic performers so I need my models to be too. My video will help promote Muse so i have to make sure the models represent the band well. The genre of my video is alternative rock so i will need to follow the conventions in my genre conventions post.

No comments:

Post a Comment